Before any development work can start, we require the Following information:
• Full contact details-including company name, address and registration no.
• A description of the product (s), any-including ingredient / allergen / dietary restrictions *, storage and shelf life requirements **, together with a detailed recipe (to include ingredients and production method). * For example: Is the sauce gluten free, no MSG used, Suitable for vegetarians etc. ** Chilled or ambient storage, 12 months shelf life etc.
• What type and size of packaging you require for the finished product. We can pack into various sized cups, pots, sachets, sticks, plastic bottles, glass bottles for dry productions, drums, pails and larger bulk packs up to 800kg. Additionally, depending on your labeling requirements and type of packaging, an agreement will need to drawn up to cover any unused plastic sheeting / labels etc.
• What is your expected cost price per unit. (This is purely to assess if the development is worthwhile for you and us as to eliminate any time wasting on either side. If you are planning on selling the product at £ 1.00 per item and it costs that to produce then it would be pointless to continue with the decelopment).
• What your anticipated annual volume will be.
Please be aware that the minimum order volume for wet products is 1,000 kg per item (with an initial test batch or only 500kg) and our initial payment terms are pro forma. The batch size for dry products is 100kg, regardless if it's a test batch or not.
Once we have all of the above information then we will request at least 2kg or your product for matching to be sent to our NPD dept in Rotterdam. Typically, we aim to turnaround new developments in approximately 2-3 weeks, to include a full product specification with allergen, shelf life, nutritional and dietary information (required for labeling). Once samples are agreed upon, there is a maximum of 3 week lead time from order to delivery. Typically we can produce it in around 2 weeks depending on our own production schedules.
Please note that our production facilities in Rotterdam are fully accredited with HACCP, BRC Grade A, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, IFS higher level, Halal and Organic certification. See our certificate page for our full list of accreditation.
Prices quoted are always in Euro-which we then convert to £ 's at a changeable monthly exchange rate, and are always ex works, so freight is chargeable, or you're welcome to arrange alternative collection / transportation.